Data is our core DNA
About Project X
We work with clients to solve problems and gain insight through the use of data and analytics. Our clients give us their most challenging situations and no problem is too big or small for our team.
Every day at Project X is a call to address the challenges our clients have. That’s the life of a team of trusted advisors creating data and analytics solutions for complex client problems. We do this through collaboration, creativity and an innate need to solve tough data problems.
Data can be messy and problematic and our teams generally land somewhere in the middle of it. And that’s where the passion comes in; to work at Project X you must share our obsession for the essence of data, to break through and make sense of it all, and of course add value at every stage of the process.
Data is our core DNA. What makes Project X unique is our custom methodology that delivers results rapidly and allows for our team’s creativity to solve the problems we’re trusted to work on. This, paired with the fact that data runs deep in our veins and is what makes up who we are, individually and as a team, allows us to do the work we’re passionate about. It is the foundation that translates into a common understanding, a way of being, that is apparent not just to us at Project X, but to our clients.
What we do
At Project X, we work side-by-side with our clients to create a tailored approach that meets their needs. From strategy through execution to delivery, Project X works with our clients to achieve results in a quick and cost-effective manner using our rapid results methodology. This approach defines our success and sets up apart.
Who we need
Project X is seeking a new Project Manager. Someone who wants to be equally involved in ensuring the highest quality of work is being delivered in a timely manner and that every team member feels supported, heard and appreciated.
Project X works with exciting tech including MicroStrategy and Teradata to build inspiring data warehouse solutions. To that end, we need a Project Manager who can talk the talk, walk the walk and inspire greatness.
Project Managers at Project X are pragmatic and insightful. They work on client sites across the GTA, overseeing innovative solution implementations, gaining incomparable exposure to complex tech and data analytics, diving deep into the problems and the solutions our clients need.
As a Project X Project Manager you will be responsible for:
- End-to-end ownership and accountability of the project. A true on-site, tactical leader. You will simultaneously be focused on the big picture and the details.
- Coordinating all of the key players on your team - BAs, developers, testers and third party vendors - with the customer, ensuring everyone is aligned. You will be involved in the full SDLC and work across all teams to ensure we add value to the customer.
- Building out all of the key project management deliverables and processes. From Gant charts to detailed project plans. From documenting and assessing risks to change management strategies. From communication plans to budgets.
- Managing budgets. As part of project oversight, the PM will review and approve costs. This includes working closely with third party vendors to establish a strict scope and monitoring a set budget.
- Scheduling Sprint activities. Many of our clients run Waterfall with Agile influences. Project deliverables need to be broken down, assigned and deployed by the Project Manager.
- Managing risks, evaluating - and re-evaluating change requests, maintaining the defined scope parameters. Both from a day-to-day perspective but also, from a long-term project perspective. You will be responsible for troubleshooting, anticipating and deploying solutions to issues as they arise.
And how do we know that’s you? You have:
- A university degree, preferably in Business Administration or Computer Science/Engineering.
- Ten years of full SDLC project experience including three as a Project Manager planning and executing complex technical projects.
- A sense of ownership. You understand that Project Management is a rewarding but challenging field. You know how to have the difficult conversations when stakeholders are waiting for completion. You don’t shy away from holding people accountable for their deliverables.
- A strong sense of timing and an in-depth understanding all of the essential components in project management. You know when to bring people in with specific skills and when to escalate.
- A proactive approach and drive. You are level-headed and detail oriented, striving to solve issues before they arise, to avoid problems before they occur.
- The basic tech skills such as MS Project, MS Office.
- The advanced tech skills such as an understanding of databases, data warehouses, analytics and reporting. Exposure to any of the following would be beneficial: SQL Server, Teradata or Oracle. Big data platforms. Reporting and visualization tools such as MicroStrategy, Cognos, Tableau, Click.
- A consulting state-of-mind. It’s a thing. You’ll know if you have it. So will we. You have the ability to work autonomously and away from headquarters for long periods of time. And still find your way back “home” and into the comfortable, open and sharing mental and physical space of our office on a regular basis.
- Deep insight into relationship dynamics. You understand how to deal with people and political sensitivities. You can effectively motivate people who don’t report to you. And you can facilitate coordination and cooperation across multiple functional teams both onsite and virtually.
- Impressive leadership skills. You work in a collaborative style, offering coaching and hands-on guidance while simultaneously learning from your team.
- Outstanding communication skills. You know how to speak to stakeholders and team members of all levels. You excel at making presentations, negotiating timelines and providing updates. The written materials you produce are equally impressive and effective.
- Problem-solving skills. Complex projects have complex problems. And you enjoy navigating the path to a solution.
- Diplomacy. You can translate but not placate customers; clarifying ambiguities and presenting information in a way that is structured and makes sense.
Why join Project X
At Project X, we reward hard work with recognition, opportunity to advance your career and a competitive salary. We offer a comprehensive Health and Dental Benefits Package, gym membership discount, casual dress code, fun working environment and more. While many of our team members work on client site, we host project launches, holiday parties BBQs and attend sporting events together to ensure everyone feels like part of the team.
Project X Ltd drives its success by focusing on their clients’ needs and objectives. One of the most important ways we do that is by building teams of incredibly talented, fun, dedicated people.
If you believe in working collectively to raise the bar, we want to meet you. Express your interest here and follow us on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn.
Project X welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.