About Project X
Data is our core DNA. What makes Project X unique is our custom methodology that delivers results rapidly and allows for our team’s creativity to solve the problems we’re trusted to work on. This, paired with the fact that data runs deep in our veins and is what makes up who we are, individually and as a team, allows us to do the work we’re passionate about. It is the foundation that translates into a common understanding, a way of being, that is apparent not just to us at Project X, but to our clients.
What we do
At Project X, we take on cutting edge data integration and analytics projects, utilizing business intelligence solutions such Big Data, MicroStrategy, Teradata and more. We’re not your average solution providers; Project X team members actively innovate, create, and collaborate to design the ultimate solution to our clients’ problems.
We’re hiring a Microstrategy Consultant to join our growing team.
What our Microstrategy Consultant will do:
- Provide guidance, knowledge and expertise on project architecture, report development, security and data mart design
- Recommend and implement solutions to achieve required business functions, which prove difficult to implement in Microstrategy
- Conceptualize, design and implement a MicroStrategy solution from existing data warehouse, and other enterprise data sources
- Implement materialized views of the data cubes and/or MicroStrategy data marts.
- Implement caching, partitioning and bitmap indexes to tune the application
- Create a report style sheet in compliance with the clients report style guidelines
- Create and implement basic report objects (ie: parameters, prompt types, descriptions, metric names, filters etc)
- Build reports and dashboards for deployment in a web based environment in accordance to predefined detailed report specifications and conduct the required unit testing
- Play a key role developing project artifacts; business requirements document, detailed design document, and report specifications
- Prepare and execute test cases for unit and integration testing in development and UAT
- Assist the BI Architect in designing logical and physical dimensional data mart models
- Assist in initial performance tuning and recommend options as required
- Provide report development training, guidance and knowledge transfer to the development team
- Work closely with the Project Lead to ensure deliverables and milestones are achieved within the specified time-lines
- Assist in developing project plans for the MicroStrategy related tasks of a project
- Provide oral/written project status reports to the Project Lead on an ongoing basis
And, how do we know that’s you? You have:
- 5+ years experience as a MicroStrategy developer
- 5+ years of experience in complex Data Warehouse/Business Intelligence development environments
- Experience with complex MicroStrategy implementations
- Extensive experience building MicroStrategy projects referencing both a star schema containing atomic level data as well as denormalized tables with aggregate data.
- Strong experience administering MicroStrategy (defining roles, security, expansion of additional tables, populating data mart tables)
- Extensive experience building MicroStrategy reports for dissemination through a in a web based environment.
- Strong knowledge of general warehousing concepts and theory
- Knowledge of Ralph Kimball or Bill Inmon design theories
- Knowledge of dimensional data modeling techniques and theory
- Ability to understand and read data models
- Experience using ERWin or another data modeling tool an asset
- Knowledge of RDBMS concepts and technologies
- Strong experience writing SQL and PL/SQL
- MicroStrategy Certification an asset
- Experience with an ETL tool (ideally SSIS, Informatica, DataStage) an asset
- Knowledge of ETL architecture and design an asset
- Experience providing training, knowledge transfer and mentoring.
- Ability to work with minimal direction and supervision
- Excellent interpersonal, facilitation, presentation and communication skills
- The ability to communicate complex information and issues to all levels of the organization
Why join Project X
At Project X, we reward hard work with recognition, opportunity to advance your career and a competitive salary.
We also offer a comprehensive Health and Dental Benefits Package, gym membership discount, casual dress code, fun working environment and more. While many of our team members work on client sites, we host project launches, holiday parties BBQs and attend sporting events together to ensure everyone feels like part of the team.
Project X Ltd drives its success by focusing on their clients’ needs and objectives. One of the most important ways we do that is by building teams of incredibly talented, fun and dedicated people.
If you believe in working collectively to raise the bar, we want to meet you. Express your interest here and/or follow us on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn.
Project X welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.